Immediate opening for a City Dispatcher to join our existing Operations team. Primary responsibility will be the daily planning of each day’s work load and the dispatch of move crews and fleet. Your area of responsibility will include the GTA and parts of Ontario, although operational experience of North America is an asset. The main daily expectations will include:
• Knowledge of HOS & vehicle inspection regulations an asset.
• Positive communication with all staff and customers.
• Plan and anticipate the daily workflow to meet volumes.
• Set start times, create run sheets and provide instruction to all crews.
• Ensure crews maintain clean and neat appearance in full company uniform.
• Maintain regular communications with all crews as the day unfolds.
• Update computer system on an order by order basis.
• React to unexpected changes or rush orders and communicate same.
• Coordinate with warehouse staff on daily inbound and outbound activity.
• Assign appropriate dock doors for inbound and outbound shippers.
• Coordinate P&D needs with fellow Canadian and US dispatchers.
• Collect all paperwork from crews at the end of the day.
• Audit all paperwork from the prior days’ activities and process to other departments.
• Encourage a positive attitude with all staff and customers though out the day.
You must have a strong personality, excellent communication and computer skills as well as a desire to provide exceptional customer service.
This is a full time position with salary and benefits. Bonus for meeting performance targets.
If you think that you are up to the challenge, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org